Click on the article of your choice below ........
NOTE: the "+" at the right end of the selections will turn to a "-" while reading. Simply press the "-" to collapse the article and select another.
Please see the below handbill we need to get the word out to Betmar residents before they get taken. This guy might have been trained by Joe Reed since he uses the same tactics, termites in the palm trees and ready to cut them down immediately to save them termite cost to their homes. What a guy. This guy is younger and drives a red/maroon pickup. No actual guess on his age. May have a woman partner who is skinny. Sorry, this is the best we have other than this image of his flyer.
Golf Cart Battery Charging……A Note of Safety and Caution
Tuesday morning police cars, EMT, and fire trucks all converged on a house here in Betmar. It turned out that a smoke alarm had awaken the occupants and they called for help (smart). It was later rumored that carbon monoxide poisoning was a possible culprit. Betmar Security checked into this, and was informed by the Fire Department that the problem was stemming from batteries on a golf cart that were being over charged. Lead acid batteries that are over charged do not emit carbon monoxide, but they do emit Hydrogen and or sulfur dioxide….Just as dangerous and perhaps more so because...well…they explode.
Betmar Security engaged in a discussion with an ex fireman on how a smoke alarm would detect Hydrogen…...his answer was simply that smoke alarms are higher tech than ever and they may just go off when any foreign odor presents itself. (Although you should never depend on them as a substitute for a device specifically designed for that purpose….such as a carbon monoxide detector.)
The take away from this is only charge golf cart batteries outside or in a room with door and/ or windows open.